Total Page Views

Friday, October 7, 2011

150b. Eisenhower Museum


Our adventure on October 1 took us to the Eisenhower Museum in Abilene.   It is an amazing museum and I would encourage everyone to check it out.  We happened to be there during the temporary exhibit honoring 50 years.  We don't know what the museum is normally like, but this exhibit is definitely worth seeing.  And, you still have time--it will be there until January 29, 2012.    I (Angel) learned a lot during our visit.  I learned that the U.S. consisted of 48 states when Eisenhower became President.  Both Alaska and Hawaii were added to the U.S. during his Presidency.  Eisenhower was instrumental in establishing the Interstate Highway System.  And, the words "under God" were added to the pledge of allegiance during his Presidency.  I knew there was a reason I always liked this man.  I thought I liked him because he was from Kansas.  After visiting the museum, I think he may just become my favorite president.  However, I did not have a chance to read every word in the museum.  I do have a book about President Eisenhower downloaded on my Kindle.  I can't wait to read more about him. 
Eisenhower's Military History
I don't remember really knowing much about Mamie Eisenhower.  But, what we saw and read at the museum makes me want to learn more about this woman.

No comments: